About The School
Perry Middle Mission Statement
Our mission is to motivate, to educate, and to perpetuate learning.
- All students can learn.
- Every child is unique.
- Students should be exposed to a variety of instructional methods and evaluation strategies to meet individual needs.
- Maximum student learning takes place in a positive environment that includes consistency and structure.
- Students learn best in an academic setting where they are encouraged to take risks.
- Students need positive role models.
- Students develop accoutability when they are given responsibilities.
- Problem solvers and communicators become good decision makers.
- Diversity enhances learning.
- Knowledgeable educators inspire students to become lifelong learners.
Perry Middle School
Academically, Perry Middle School scored the highest of any Title I school in Houston County on the College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI). On the Climate Star Rating, our school received 4 out of 5 stars missing the fifth star by less than 2 points. The School Climate rating is determined by scoring our school in several areas such as school discipline; safe and substance free learning; attendance; and student, parent, faculty, and community surveys. Traditionally Perry Middle School has a rich history in academic performance by consistently making Adequate Yearly Progress, being named a Title I Distinguished School six concurrent years, and being named a Georgia School of Excellence.
There are approximately 830 students enrolled at PMS along with 56 faculty members. All teachers are "Highly Qualified" and over 68% hold advanced degrees. Certified staff at PMS have an average of 17 years teaching experience and have been trained to meet the needs of middle school learners.
Every student is assigned to an academic team. Teachers communicate formally with parents every 6 weeks through progress reports and report cards; however, parents are contacted as need be. We ask for and encourage parental involvement. Parent/teacher conferences can be set up at any time. Please call the Counseling Department to schedule a meeting with your child's teachers. Remember: communication is a two-way street!
Perry Middle School is a Title I school. The delivery method is “school wide” and Title I funds are used to pay for an additional math teacher, a Parent Involvement Coordinator, professional learning costs and to purchase additional student learning resources.